PDA

View Full Version : Converting Message Board!

jeremy
12-21-2007, 12:44 PM
In the next few days I will be converting our board to a new version. During this conversion there may be data such as passwords, avatars, and other files that do NOT convert. Once we have converted to the new board if you have trouble logging in with your password please just try the “Forgot Password” function and create a new one. If that does NOT work contact me at jwatts@archchemicals.com and I will do my best to fix you problem. Thanx!

Wish me luck on the conversion!!!

jeremy
12-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Well...what are the thoughts on the new board!?!

Larry
12-22-2007, 11:44 PM
will take my simple mind some getting used to. but it really looks great! your pretty good, man.

JHenson
12-23-2007, 12:54 AM
It's backwards.

themick
12-23-2007, 08:07 AM
how do you view post from last visit?

jeremy
12-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Same way as before but it's moved to the LEFT of the Board Index.

themick
12-23-2007, 11:01 AM
got it thanks

captain plastic
12-24-2007, 05:14 PM
New message board is very nice. Easier to navigate.
Good job Jeremy.
Cheers!

jeremy
12-25-2007, 12:17 AM
I have to confess that it's taking a LITTLE getting used to for me. There are SOOOOO many new features though. I don't think spammers will be much of a problem anymore. :D

jeremy
01-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Making some more changes to the LOOK of the board. BEAR WITH ME!!! The feel and operation will remain the same but I started changing some esthetics before I left for work this morning and will not be able to finish until I get home. :oops: Thanx!

J_VanOver
01-03-2008, 11:10 AM
I like the picture at the top. I am a little course ignorant. What course is that?

iroquoisman24
01-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Freeman lake, in e-town. although Brandenburg is my fav e-town is argueably the most challenging course in our area along with CV.

Larry
01-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I like the pic, too! Makes that shot look REAL DANGEROUS. I hope that disc flattened out, Jeremy. Kudos on the message board in general. Your an awesome contributor, and appreciated.

scottyb
01-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Yes very nice work Jeremy, you do some quality work....

that is arguably one of the sweetest and most beautiful shots in the area for sure!! I remember the time I slipped off the end of the tee pad and did a face plant into the water, funny now, not so funny at the time. :mrgreen: ..

etown definitely makes you bring your D game... speaking of distance... is there ever going to be a clinic held? i am tired of throwing 375 max.. I want more D.... any tips would help..

jeremy
01-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah...it's a beat Roc. I had a drop in BIRDIE. :D

Come to the Meade/Olin Ice Bowl and I'll give you a couple distance tips that will add 50 feet FAST. Maybe I can plan something more formal for the OCP Ice Bowl.

Oh...and thanx for the "ataboy"! :D

iroquoisman24
01-03-2008, 01:10 PM
375ft is plenty O D for anyone just concentrate on speed control thats the ticket. If you can put a disc were you want it from 350 thats all that is really needed to become an excellent driver and a world class pro...of course putting is a nice thing to be able to do too. :wink:

scottyb
01-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Well I can get 375 but not consistantly and its definitely max on certain occassions (tail wind) .... I can get 250-300 accurately (thank you oh great teebird)... after that is kind of a shot in the dark for me...of course I realize with distance you are going to sacrifice some accuracy...

iroquoisman24
01-03-2008, 02:03 PM
I use to throw a ce teebird for D and then a TL which will act more like a distance driver than the T. But back then all that we had to chose from was a leopard,teebird,firebird, & a valkyrie. the valkyrie would go further but not near as consistently accurate as the teebird. Anyway the teebird is a good accurate driver "the best if you ask me" but there are other drivers out now that will go alot further and almost as accurate. Have you tried a pro wraith?
or a sidewinder? A beast is good to.

themick
01-04-2008, 08:33 AM
you know it went in the lake . just kidding coll pic though even though we got to look at your butt.

jeremy
01-04-2008, 08:40 AM
I thought you'd like that Mickey!?! :lol:

If anyone has some good panoramic pics like that I would gladly work with them. Just send them to me at jwatts@archchemicals.com. If I can find a way to use them I will.

jeremy
01-04-2008, 08:59 AM
I’ve now got the board set to a fixed width and I merged the logo and site description with the header. It just REALLY cleaned things up and it looks GOOOOOD!

I also moved the search icon down below the header inline with the FAQ, Members, Logout/Login.

Next I’m going to make the header clickable so that when clicked it takes you back to the main index. I'm also wanting to learn how to randomized the header through php but I need some more pictures in order to do that. Then I’m going to try to add a link to the right JUST below the header that will go back to the LDGC home page. THEN…I’m going to start learning how to modify the colors of the board.