PDA

View Full Version : More E-bay Items!!!

jeremy
11-20-2007, 06:27 PM
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZguyskankrye

eric_g
11-20-2007, 06:36 PM
My discs were so much better. I like how you waited until mine were over to put them on eBay. We can't have too many people selling all at once.

jeremy
11-20-2007, 08:52 PM
That's okay...I've got at least four of every disc you put on there. :lol:

J_VanOver
11-20-2007, 09:51 PM
When is someone going to post some good stuff....Like Gateway and Lightning..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

eric_g
11-21-2007, 12:01 AM
Jason, do you want me to auction off a bunch of Gateway discs? Because I have plenty.

J_VanOver
11-21-2007, 06:37 AM
Me too :(

I do like them though and I think a lot of people are missing out by not trying them.

eric_g
11-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Well I hate them. The discs aren't very durable. They have a couple good ones but that's it.

J_VanOver
11-21-2007, 02:19 PM
The E plastic seems to hold up well for me. I would put it around Champion. Maybe a little better. The S plastic stinks. It is worse then DX or Discraft pro grade.

jeremy
11-21-2007, 02:42 PM
How many World Champions throw Gateway? Look how many of the top ten players in the last five years of Worlds, USDGC, Players Cup, etc. throw Innva. Not knocking the product. Just making a point.

I do, however, feel that they (Gateway) is doing a better job of marketing to newer/amatuer players than ANY company has ever done. BUT they have to because of Innova and Discrap having such well established fondations.

eric_g
11-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Most of the Evolution Pro Line discs are not bad. They just aren't durable with my disc speed. I hit one tree with my Spirit and after that, it wouldn't even fade back to the left at the end of it's flight. I used to be all about the Gateway, but now it is all Innova.

J_VanOver
11-21-2007, 03:28 PM
I would be curious on how many pro level players does Gateway have outside of the St. Louis area. It doesn't seem that they have anyone that is not a personal friend of Dave McCormick. I think he has himself listed as a sponsered pro as well. If the player pool is limited then you wouldn't get the top players.

His marketing seems sound. Its just like Christianity - target children and youth and they will grow in the church. Gateway targets beginners and have them get so used to using your product that you wouldn't want to throw something else. Much like Innova in Louisville. There are 4 places to buy in Louisville. Dicks, Play it Again and Daves (when it is open). 3 of them are Innova only. New players are more than likely going to use Innova because it is accessible. Gateway, and other companies, need to be more accessible.

JHenson
11-21-2007, 06:00 PM
That's how discraft is improving it's roster, by trying to recruit young.

jeremy
11-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Hey Jeremy,

Is Santa throwing that Discraft disc in the fireplace where it belongs!?!

I had the option to throw Discraft, Innova, Gateway, Lightening, Ching, etc. I live about ten minutes from RTS so I had a HUGE selection to choose from when I first started. Innova's consistence from disc to disc just seemed much greater than all the other discs. So they hooked me. Now that I've learned them I don't really feel like adding any other discs to my bag would really improve my game in any way. It's not that I have ANYTHING against any other disc company (as I joke that I do) I just know Innova.

JHenson
11-23-2007, 11:35 PM
I started with Innova also. I've tried to go to lightening, driscraft, and gateway, but stayed with Innova for access and familiarity. Thats what the pro's suggest, to stick with what you know and keep it simple. Lately I've been taking understable discs out of my bag and replacing them with different levels of stable and overstable discs for predictability.

eric_g
11-23-2007, 11:52 PM
That picture is hilarious!!! I don't really have anything against the other disc companies. I have just always thrown Innova. I tried throwing Gateway for a while and that just didn't work out because I have to learn a whole new set of discs. Plus Innova is just more consistent for me.

EagleFan05
11-24-2007, 05:42 PM
The only discs that i have besides innova in my bag, is the wizard. First putter i learned to use, and i guess it is a familiarity thing because i have tried other putters but i always end up back with the wizard.