PDA

View Full Version : Jump putting VS Backhand putting from 100 ft or more........

11-14-2007, 08:39 AM
I've noticed the more that I watch videos of Pro's that the good majority of them Jump putt. I on the other hand always Backhand putt. The flight is basically the same, tight hyzer line to the basket. Even when I miss it is generally within a few feet of the basket, the same as a jump putt. The major difference however is that the jump putts seem to fall in more often than not.

WHY IS THAT?
WHAT MAKES THE JUMP PUTT SO MUCH BETTER?

ALSO WHAT TIPS CAN ANY OF YOU GIVE ME ON JUMP PUTTING?
AND IS THIS ONE OF THOSE MIND GAME THINGS WHERE YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE IT IS GOING TO GO IN, AND IT PROBABLY WILL?

JUST ANOTHER ONE OF MY OFF THE WALL QUESTIONS............

iroquoisman24
11-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Well lets see... using the forward momentum of jumping allows you to get it in easier than backhand... throwing backhand at the basket should be a way for you to go at it without going past it from a medium long range past a hundred feet. At zglo I felt that if I could get my shot at 35ft from the basket I could put it in every time falling forward. In the open division you have to make 40ft + putts on a regular basis to compete, it has to be automatic not Oh crap what do I do I'm too far out. Try to think of making a long putt like just another easy scoring oppurtunity rather than making a big deal out of it.My advice to you is to learn to be a jump putter and practice your standing still putts even more. They can be harder than jump putts if you don't practice enough.

11-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Well Ive been at it for a few days now and the results are almost unbelievable. I'm amazed at how easy it really is. If I shoot a 100 footer its just a 25ft putt with a jump added. Granted timing is still an issue and will be for some time to come. Still it isn't hard at all. I drained two back to back at CV yesterday, one from around 75ft and another that was around 125ft. If this starts to work consistently, it's limitless to how many Birdies you can have. Which would explain why Roady and you have such low scores. This is my one last hurdle to get past. If I figure this out, look out Open Class. It shouldn't be long now!!!!
So goodbye to the backhand approach!!!
Hello Jump Putt's!!!!!!!!!!

iroquoisman24
11-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Jump putts are essential for scoring, if you can hit 40-50ftrs you change 3's into 2's hence you score better as long as you still make the short ones.
Never walk up to a putt that is long and think to yourself this is a three cause thats just what you'll get.

11-16-2007, 10:27 PM
No, only the opportunity for a birdie!!!
Almost every shot is a birdie waiting to happen!!!!